2 Course Series
A comprehensive resource for focusing on returning injured athletes to their optimal performance! These courses discuss exercise principles; muscle fatigue, muscle damage, and overtraining concepts; pathophysiology of overuse injuries; core evaluation in sports-specific testing; physiological basis of exercise specific to sport; and special considerations for the athlete. Special features such as evidence-based clinical application boxes provide the student with a solid body of research upon which to base their practice.
- Review how to work with athletes’ injuries and help them make a physical comeback while following best practices.
- Incorporation of muscle physiology demonstrates it as the basis for athlete’s exercise prescription.
- Coverage of pathophysiology of overuse injuries illustrates the damage to the musculoskeletal system.
- Inclusion of treatment and training approaches for athletic rehabilitation shows how to restore the musculoskeletal system back to full flexibility, strength, power, and endurance.
- Evidence-based clinical application boxes found throughout the book cite key studies and provide real-world application to a clinical setting.
- Extensive photographs show hands-on demonstrations of important rehabilitation techniques, helping the cinician to accurately apply them during treatment.