- Understand the Pathomechanics of Brain Injuries
- Be able to understand classification of brain injuries including concussions,
contusions, hematomas and second impact syndrome
- Implement primary assessment and management of sport related concussion
- Conduct special tests for sport related concussion
- Assess cervical spine injuries in sport
- Understand the special considerations for equipment and management of cervical spine injuries in football
- Be able to assess the need for spine boarding in injured athletes
- Be able to manage spine injuries and spine boarding in challenging environments such as gymnastics pits and swimming pools
BOC: 3.25 Continuing Education Units
NATA PDC Level of Difficulty: Advanced
Program Faculty: Course content includes chapters 5, 6 & 12 of the textbook “Emergency Medical Care in Athletic Training” by Keith Gorse. Assessment created by Rachel Livingstone MA, AT, and Susan Callagy MA, AT, PTA, CSCS.
The passing score for this course is 80%. The course is self-paced, home study format. All materials are available ONLINE immediately after purchase and is available for 6 months.
Cancellation/refund available up to 30 days after purchase. For further information visit our How Courses Work page.
This course is intended for Certified Athletic Trainers, Physical Therapists, Strength & Conditioning Specialists, etc.
Sport Medics is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. to offer continuing education to Certified Athletic Trainers.