- Identify team medical coverage and roles of different health professionals.
- Understand concepts related to comprehensive cardiovascular care and evaluation of the elite athlete.
- Be able to differentiate exercise induced bronchospasms and other medical conditions in athletes.
- Understand concepts in deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism and how it applies to athletes.
- Understand and identify gastrointestinal medical issues in athletes.
- Understand concepts in hematologic conditions in athletes.
- Be able to identify renal and genitourinary trauma in athletes.
- Understand what complex regional pain syndrome is and its signs and symptoms.
- Differentiate infectious diseases in sports and how they are managed.
- Understand concepts relating to the diabetic athlete and how to manage this condition.
- Identify high risk sports associated with epilepsy and how to manage epileptic seizures.
- Understand how to manage different environmental illnesses in sports.
- Differentiate dermatologic conditions in the athletic population and how to manage symptoms.
- Be able to identify facial, eye, nasal, and dental injuries in sports.
- Understand concepts on how to manage psychological and nutritional conditions in the active athlete.
- Identify how ergogenic drugs affect athletes and performance.
- Identify injury and illness directly related to the female athlete.
- Understand exercise physiology and medical considerations unique to the para‐athlete.
- Understand principles of anesthesia and perioperative medicine for sport related surgeries.
BOC: 8.75 Continuing Education Units
NATA PDC Level of Difficulty: Advanced
Program Faculty: Course content includes chapters 14-34 of the book Orthopaedic Sports Medicine 4th Ed. by Mark D. Miller and Stephen R. Thompson. Assessment created by Rachel Livingstone MA, AT, and Susan Callagy MA, AT, PTA, CSCS.
The passing score for this course is 80%. The course is self-paced, home study format. All materials are available ONLINE immediately after purchase and is available for 6 months.
Cancellation/refund available up to 30 days after purchase. For further information visit our How Courses Work page.
This course is intended for Certified Athletic Trainers, Physical Therapists, Strength & Conditioning Specialists, etc.
Sport Medics is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. to offer continuing education to Certified Athletic Trainers.