- Explain and apply thorough evaluation of the cervical spine
- Define treatment options for cervical injuries
- Understand evaluation and treatment for low back injury
- Apply on the field management for low back injury
- Understand the signs and symptoms of cardiovascular and pulmonary conditions
- Recognize Marfan Syndrom
- Demonstrate special tests
- Recognize abdominal, kidney and thoracic injury
- Apply on the field management for thoracic, abdominal, and cardiopulmonary pathologies
BOC: 4.0 Continuing Education Units
NATA PDC Level of Difficulty: Advanced
Program Faculty: Course content includes chapters 13-15 of the book “Examination of Orthopedics and Athletic Injures” by Chad Starkey, PhD, LAT, Sara D. Brown, MS, ATC, and Jeff Ryan, PT, MBA. Assessment created by Rachel Livingstone MA, AT, and Susan Callagy MA, AT, PTA, CSCS.
The passing score for this course is 80%. The course is self-paced, home study format. All materials are available ONLINE immediately after purchase and is available for 6 months.
Cancellation/refund available up to 30 days after purchase. For further information visit our How Courses Work page.
This course is intended for Certified Athletic Trainers, Physical Therapists, Strength & Conditioning Specialists, etc.
Sport Medics is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. to offer continuing education to Certified Athletic Trainers.