- Define the basic concepts of a postural assessment for common deviations.
- Perform a gait analysis to identify functional or pain limitations.
- Appropriately use gait terminology to describe discrepancies.
- Identify the different phases of walking and running gait.
- Identify compensatory gait deviations.
BOC: 2.25 Continuing Education Units
NATA PDC Level of Difficulty: Advanced
Program Faculty: Course content includes chapters 6-7 of the book “Examination of Orthopedic and Athletic Injures”, 5th Edition, by Chad Starkey, PhD, AT, FNATA, Blaine C. Long, PhD, AT, ATC and Julie M. Cavallario, PhD, LAT, ATC. Assessment created by Chad Starkey, PhD, AT, FNATA, Blaine C. Long, PhD, AT, ATC and Julie M. Cavallario, PhD, LAT, ATC.
The passing score for this course is 80%. The course is self-paced, home study format. All materials are available ONLINE immediately after purchase and is available for 6 months.
Cancellation/refund available up to 30 days after purchase. For further information visit our How Courses Work page.
This course is intended for Certified Athletic Trainers, Physical Therapists, Strength & Conditioning Specialists, etc.
Sport Medics is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. to offer continuing education to Certified Athletic Trainers.