- Understand the inflammation categories and properties
- Understand the roles of type l and type ll collagen
- Describe the tissue healing process
- Understand the tissue response to immobilization
- Describe the movements for the scapula
- Understand patella alignment and the effect of patella tendon
- Understand special tests for knee exam
- Understand how to determine the incision is infected
- Understand the importance of neuromuscular control post knee surgery
- Understand physical exam of the pre op shoulder
BOC: 4.0 Continuing Education Units
NATA PDC Level of Difficulty: Advanced
Program Faculty: Course content includes chapters one through seven of the book “The Postsurgical Orthopedic Sports Rehabilitation Knee & Shoulder” by Robert Manske. Assessment created by Rachel Livingstone MA, AT, and Susan Callagy MA, AT, PTA, CSCS.
The passing score for this course is 80%. The course is self-paced, home study format. All materials are available ONLINE immediately after purchase and is available for 6 months.
Cancellation/refund available up to 30 days after purchase. For further information visit our How Courses Work page.
This course is intended for Certified Athletic Trainers, Physical Therapists, Strength & Conditioning Specialists, etc.
Sport Medics is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. to offer continuing education to Certified Athletic Trainers.