- Describe the Postoperative Rehabilitation protocols for Allografts, Autografts, ACL, PCL and Collateral Ligament repair
- Understand the tissue healing phase post operatively
- Describe what modalities are useful in the rehabilitation phases
- Define exercise protocols for postoperative knee surgeries.
- Describe the return to sport safely protocols
- Understand the study outcomes of the gold standard Bone-Patella- Bone allograft
- Understand the tensile strength of a ligament while immobilized
- Understand neuromuscular control studies by Fitzgerald and Co-Workers
- Define the Slocum’s modified Anterior Drawer Test
- Understand the outcome of Fetto and Marshalls study on Grade l and Grade ll MCL injuries.
BOC: 3.5 Continuing Education Units
NATA PDC Level of Difficulty: Advanced
Program Faculty: Course content includes chapters eight through fifteen of the book “The Postsurgical Orthopedic Sports Rehabilitation Knee & Shoulder” by Robert Manske. Assessment created by Rachel Livingstone MA, AT, and Susan Callagy MA, AT, PTA, CSCS.
The passing score for this course is 80%. The course is self-paced, home study format. All materials are available ONLINE immediately after purchase and is available for 6 months.
Cancellation/refund available up to 30 days after purchase. For further information visit our How Courses Work page.
This course is intended for Certified Athletic Trainers, Physical Therapists, Strength & Conditioning Specialists, etc.
Sport Medics is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. to offer continuing education to Certified Athletic Trainers.