- Have a basic knowledge and understanding of the anatomy of the pelvis
- Understand kinematics of the pelvis with gait
- Have an understanding of pelvic and groin injuries
- Implement a rehabilitation plan following pelvic injury utilizing proper stretching, strengthening and exercise
- Utilize adjunct treatment interventions such as pain control modalities, bracing, and mobilizations for the pelvic and sacroiliac joint injury
- Know the functional anatomy of the lumbar spine including spinal curvature
- Understand normal osteokinematic and arthrokinematic motion of the lumbar spine
- Understand and implement a rehabilitation program for lumbar spine dysfunction
- Have a basic knowledge and understanding of cervical and thoracic spine anatomy
- Understand normal arthrokinematics and osteokinematics of the cervical and thoracic spine
- Understand normal biomechanics of vertebral movement in the cervical and thoracic spine
- Know the normal ranges of motion in the cervical spine in flexion and extension
- Recognize normal and abnormal posture
- Have an understanding of cervical and thoracic spine disorders and injuries
- Have an understanding of the proper utilization of exercises for the cervical and thoracic spine
- Understand clinical prediction rules for the cervical and thoracic spine
BOC: 3.75 Continuing Education Units
NATA PDC Level of Difficulty: Advanced
Program Faculty: Course content includes chapters eighteen through twenty of the text “Therapeutic Exercise—From Theory to Practice” by Michael Higgins, PhD, ATC, PT, CSCS. Assessment created by Michael Higgins, PhD, ATC, PT, CSCS.
The passing score for this course is 80%. The course is self-paced, home study format. All materials are available ONLINE immediately after purchase and is available for 6 months.
Cancellation/refund available up to 30 days after purchase. For further information visit our How Courses Work page.
This course is intended for Certified Athletic Trainers, Physical Therapists, Strength & Conditioning Specialists, etc.
Sport Medics is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. to offer continuing education to Certified Athletic Trainers.